Quick Answer: Is Alaffia Cruelty Free and Vegan?
Alaffia is a cruelty-free brand. This brand does not test any of its products or ingredients on animals during manufacturing or distribution. Likewise, the company does not authorize any third-party testing and doesn’t sell its products in mainland China. Alaffia products are not 100% vegan because some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients and materials.
Alaffia is one of the beauty brands that deeply explore African ingredients. Alaffia was founded in 2003 as a social enterprise and is redefining the natural products industry with its values.
Alaffia is a social enterprise that is focused on exploring natural options in creating beauty value.
Nevertheless, many individuals, including users and potential users, might still have specific questions about this brand, mainly its cruelty free and vegan status.
We have made a thorough analysis of this brand, and you will have your answer to these questions in this article.
Is Alaffia Cruelty Free?
A brand that would be certified as cruelty free must meet some essential criteria and stipulated standards, which we duly consider for Alaffia to ascertain its cruelty free status.
- Their products or any of its ingredients must not be tested on animals even when requested by law
- Their products should not be sold in mainland China
- They should not allow any third-party testing of their products or its ingredients on animals
Are Alaffia Products Tested On Animals?
Alaffia does not test any of their products, formulations, or ingredients on animals during manufacturing, development, and distribution.
The above statement is the testing policy statement of this brand. This statement translates to the fact that that the brand does not involve itself in any form of animal testing.
Do they test animals when required by law? Or use a third party?
Alaffia does not test its products on animals even when required by law or authority. The brand will instead keep its product off regions that mandate animal tests for beauty products.
Similarly, Alaffia does not permit any form of third-party testing even by their ingredient suppliers, retailers, or distributors.
Are Alaffia products sold in China?
Alaffia does not sell its products in mainland China because animal testing is required by law in China. Alaffia prefers to stay off the Chinese market to preserve its no-animal testing policy.
Does Alaffia have Cruelty free Accreditations Certifications?
Alaffia gives all that is required to be called a cruelty free brand. However, the brand is yet to be granted accreditation as a cruelty free brand. Nevertheless, this does not undermine this brand’s cruelty free practice and its commitment to no-animal testing.
Is Alaffia owned by Another Company?
Alaffia is an independent company that does not operate under the control of any parent brand. It has the liberty of making its policy and decisions; hence, making it easy to maintain its cruelty free
Is Alaffia Vegan?
Vegan products are products that are devoid of any animal ingredients or animal-derived ingredients. Although Alaffia products are vegan friendly, their products are not 100% vegan.
Some of the company’s products contain animal-derived ingredients and materials like honey and Goat’s milk.
Consequently, Alaffia does not have a vegan certification. Listed below are some of their vegan products;
- EveryDay Coconut Vegan Lip Balm – Purely Coconut
- EveryDay Coconut Vegan Lip Balm – Coconut Mint
- EveryDay Shea Shave Cream – Lavender
- EveryDay Shea Shave Cream – Rosemary Bergamont
- EveryDay Shea Shave Cream – Mandarin Breeze
- EveryDay Shea Shave Cream – Unscented
- Edge Styler
- Curl Control Custard
- Curl Activating Cream
- Curl Hydrating Oil
- Curl Activating Cream Shampoo
- Curl Enhancing Shampoo
- Curl Enhancing Leave-In Conditioner
- EveryDay Shea Conditioner – Vanilla Mint
- Authentic African Black Soap All-In-One – Salt Stone Water
- Authentic African Black Soap All-In-One – Rosewater Peony
- Authentic African Black Soap All-In-One – Hemp Olive Leaf
- Authentic African Black Soap All-In-One – Wild Lavender
- Authentic African Black Soap All-In-One – Citrus Ginger
- Authentic African Black Soap All-In-One – Peppermint
- Authentic African Black Soap Triple Milled – Cold Brew
- Authentic African Black Soap Triple Milled –Charcoal Reishi
- Authentic African Black Soap Triple Milled – Hemp Olive Leaf
- Authentic African Black Soap Triple Milled – Unscented
- EveryDay Shea Dry Finish Deodorant – Unscented
- EveryDay Shea Body Wash – Vanilla Mint
- EveryDay Shea Shampoo – Lavender
- EveryDay Shea Body Wash – Lavender
- Authentic African Black Soap Body Wash – Clarifying Charcoal Honey
- Authentic African Black Soap Body Wash – Antioxidant- Rich Rose Matcha
- Authentic African Black Soap Body Wash – Soothing Turmeric Ginger
- It is best to check through the ingredient list of any product you intend to purchase to ascertain its vegan status.
Alaffia is a cruelty free brand but does not have an official cruelty free certification. The company does not test its product on animals and does not commission a third party to do so on its behalf.
However, Alaffia is not 100% vegan but has a long list of vegan products.