Is Besame Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
Yes, Besame is cruelty-free, and all their products are free from any animal testing. This policy extends to all stages of development. Although the brand offers vegan products, not all of their products are vegan. Their products are not tested in China, where animal testing is required by law.
Besame Cosmetics is an independently owned cosmetics brand that was founded in 2004. The brand was started by Gabriela Hernandez and deals in the production of meticulously designed, historically inspired, and highly pigmented cosmetics that surpass expectations.
A lot of our readers have asked if the Besame Cosmetics brand is cruelty-free and vegan. We have analyzed the brand and its products in detail.
Is Besame cruelty-free and vegan? Keep reading to find out the details.
- Is Besame Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
- Is Besame Cruelty-Free?
- Are Besame Products Tested On Animals?
- Do They Test On Animals When Required By Law? Or Use a Third Party?
- Are Besame Products Sold In China?
- Does Besame Have Cruelty-Free Accreditations Or Certifications?
- Is Besame Owned By Another Company?
- Is Besame Vegan?
Is Besame Cruelty-Free?
What does cruelty-free mean to you? To us, a cruelty-free brand has to satisfy the following three criteria. In this post, we will analyze each of these criteria and compare them with what the Besame brand offers. The criteria are as follows:
- None of the brand’s products should be tested on animals. This requires that neither the company nor the suppliers must test on animals at any stage of production, whether pre-market or post-market.
- The company should not test on animals even when required by law. Even if the law requires that animals must be tested before selling to the public, the brand must not test on animals. This also means that the brand doesn’t pay a third-party company to carry out animal testing on their behalf.
- The brand’s products must not be sold in China. Countries like China stipulate that all cosmetic products must be tested on animals. Therefore, the company must not sell its products in mainland China or similar countries.
Are Besame Products Tested On Animals?
Do They Test On Animals When Required By Law? Or Use a Third Party?
No, the brand does not use any third-party companies to test on animals. They also refuse to sell their products in places where the law requires animal testing.
Are Besame Products Sold In China?
No, the brand does not sell any of its products in China. The Chinese government requires that all cosmetics that are sold in the country be tested on animals, and if complaints are received about a product, it can be pulled from shelves and tested on animals.
Therefore, the brand doesn’t sell its products in China or have any retail stores in the country or similar countries. The only way that you can find this product in China is if it has been ordered directly by a customer. That way, it does not need to be tested.
Any company that retails in China is not cruelty-free.
Does Besame Have Cruelty-Free Accreditations Or Certifications?
Yes, the company is certified by PETA as a cruelty-free company. PETA has the “Beauty without Bunnies” program.
This program is an accreditation of a brand that indicates that the brand has pledged not to test on animals or support any form of animal testing.
It also means that the accredited company has pledged not to test in the future. Besame has a PETA certification.
The PETA certification is the only certification that we could find, but that is certainly enough to prove that the company is cruelty-free.
Is Besame Owned By Another Company?
Besame is an independent company that doesn’t have a parent brand. The company has been in existence since 2004 and has provided customers with quality cosmetics that are cruelty-free.
Is Besame Vegan?
To qualify as vegan, Besame products must not contain any animal parts or anything that is derived from animals. We have assessed the brand on these criteria and have found that while some of the products are vegan, not all of them are.
Some of the products contain beeswax, although this is sourced from happy bees.
Where the brand uses animal derivatives, like beeswax and honey, these are sustainably sourced.
Besame does not come with any vegan certifications, so we mainly go with what they have stated on their website and from the ingredient lists that we find on the package of their products.
Some of the vegan products from the company include:
- Powders – both loose and pressed
- Black Cake Mascara and Brown Cake Mascara
- Cream Rouges
Besame is a budget brand that sells high-quality makeup. Their products are available in the USA and can be shipped to all parts of the world, including Canada, the UK, parts of Europe, and Asia.
It is a brand that has been around for some time now and is one to support. They also offer vegan products at an affordable price.