Quick Answer: Is Briogeo Cruelty Free and Vegan?
Briogeo hair care is a cruelty free brand certified by Leaping Bunny. The company does not test any of its products or ingredients on animals even when required by law. Likewise, the company does not authorize any third-party testing; hence, they don’t sell their products in mainland China. Briogeo products are vegan friendly except for the limited-edition Honey Hair Mask.
Briogeo is one of the beauty brands that started out on a small scale and has grown to become a worldwide brand. It is a natural hair care brand that fortifies its product with vitamins, antioxidants, and hair oils.
Animal rights and protection are essential topics worldwide, with hair care, cosmetics, and skincare brands in primary focus.
Despite the natural and quality offerings in Briogeo hair care products, many users and potential customers are still concerned about its cruelty free and vegan status.
We have made a thorough analysis of this brand, and you will have your answer to these questions in this article.
Is Briogeo Cruelty Free?
A brand that would be certified as cruelty free must meet up three essential criteria, which we duly consider for Briogeo to ascertain their cruelty free status.
- Their products or any of its ingredients must not be tested on animals even when requested by law
- Their products should not be sold in mainland China
- They should not allow any third-party testing of their products or its ingredients on animals
Are Briogeo Products Tested On Animals?
Briogeo does not test any of their products, formulations, or ingredients on animals during manufacturing, development, and distribution.
The statement above is Briogeo’s declaration of its animal testing policy.
This statement affirms that Briogeo does not test its products on animals. The brand openly refers to these animals as “furry friends,” reflecting the company’s concern about animal protection.
Do they test animals when required by law? Or use a third party?
Briogeo does not test its products on animals even when required by law or authority. In fact, Briogeo keeps its products off regions where animal testing is mandatory for cosmetic or hair care products.
Similarly, Briogeo does not permit any form of third-party testing even by their ingredient suppliers, retailers, or distributors.
Are Briogeo products sold in China?
Briogeo does not sell its products in mainland China because animal testing is required by law in China. Briogeo prefers to stay off the Chinese market to maintain its no-animal testing policy.
Consequently, Briogeo focuses its sales in the USA, Canada, Australia, and the UK/Europe.
Does Briogeo have Cruelty free accreditations Certifications?
Briogeo earns itself a cruelty free accreditation certification with its relentless efforts towards maintaining a no-animal testing policy. It meets all requirements, standards, and criteria as set by Leaping Bunny.
Briogeo is certified by LEAPING BUNNY. This certification ascertains that Briogeo does not carry out any form of animal testing at any point during manufacture, production, or distribution.
Likewise, they don’t permit any third party to carry out the test on their behalf, including law and health authorities.
Is Briogeo Owned by another Company?
Briogeo is an independent company, and it is not owned or controlled by a parent brand. The founder of Briogeo, Nancy Twine, grew the brand from scratch till it becomes a worldwide recognized brand.
Is Briogeo Vegan?
Vegan products are products that are devoid of any animal ingredients or animal-derived ingredients. Briogeo is vegan friendly, but its products are not 100% vegan.
All Briogeo’s products are vegan except the limited-edition Honey Hair Mask that contains honey.
This limited-edition product was once pulled off the market, but it is now fully back in sales; hence, nullifying any initial claim that Briogeo is 100% vegan.
Briogeo does not have a vegan certification. The brand confirms that its Keratin Amino Acid is from a plant source, and its biotin is synthetic and not from animal origin. Below is a list of Briogeo vegan products;
- B. Well 100mg CBD and Arnica Flower Soothing Skin and Scalp Oil
- B. Well Organic and Australian 100% Tea Tree Oil
- B. Well Organic and Cold-Pressed 100% Castor Oil
- B. Well Tea Tree and Eucalyptus Clean Natural Deodorant
- B. Well Vegan 3, 6, 9 and Biotin Supplements
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe and Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Conditioner
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe and Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Detangling Spray
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe and Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Shampoo
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado and Quinoa Co-Wash
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana and Coconut Nourishing Superfood Body Cream
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana and Coconut Nourishing Superfood Shampoo
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana and Coconut Nourishing Superfood Conditioner
- Blossom and Bloom Ginseng and Biotin Volumizing Shampoo
- Blossom and Bloom Ginseng and Biotin Volumizing Spray
- Curl Charisma Chia and Flax Seed Coil Custard
- Curl Charisma Rice Amino and Avocado Hydrating Shampoo
- Curl Charisma Rice Amino and Avocado Defining Crème
- Curl Charisma Rice Amino and Quinoa Frizz Control Gel
- Curl Charisma Rice Amino and Shea Curl Defining Conditioner
- Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
- Don’t Despair, Repair! Strength and Moisture Leave-In Mask
- Don’t Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Oil
- Don’t Despair, Repair! Super Moisture Shampoo
- Farewell Frizz Blow Dry Perfection and Heat Protection Crème
- Farewell Frizz Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray
- Farewell Frizz Rosehip, Argan and Coconut Oil Blend
- Farewell Frizz Smoothing Conditioner
- Farewell Frizz Smoothing Shampoo
- Scalp Revival Charcoal and Biotin Dry Shampoo
- Scalp Revival Charcoal and Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
- Scalp Revival Charcoal and Peppermint Oil Cooling Jelly Conditioner
- Scalp Revival Charcoal and Tea Tree Scalp Treatment
- Scalp Revival Stimulating Therapy Massager
- Vegan Boar Bristle Brush
It is best to check through the ingredient list of any product you intend to purchase to ascertain its vegan status.
Briogeo is a cruelty free brand that is certified by Leaping Bunny. This brand does not carry out animal testing when required by law nor permit a third party to test on its behalf.
Briogeo products are 100% vegan except for the limited-edition Honey Hair Mask that contains honey.