Quick Answer: Is Ciaté London Cruelty Free and Vegan?
Ciaté London is a cruelty free brand that is certified by PETA. It does not test any of its products or ingredients on animals during manufacturing or distribution. Likewise, the company does not authorize any third-party testing; hence, they don’t sell their products in mainland China. Ciaté London products are not 100% vegan because some of its products contain animal-derived ingredients.
Ciaté London started as a nail brand in the late 2000s before consistently pushing the beauty industry’s boundaries. Ciaté London is now a global color cosmetic giant.
With the rising global interest in animal protection and animal rights, many users and potential users might still have specific questions about Ciaté London, especially its cruelty free and vegan status.
We have made a thorough analysis of this brand, and you will have your answer to these questions in this article.
- Quick Answer: Is Ciaté London Cruelty Free and Vegan?
- Is Ciaté London Cruelty-Free?
- Are Ciaté London Products Tested On Animals?
- Do they test animals when required by law? Or use a third party?
- Are Ciaté London products sold in China?
- Does Ciaté London have Cruelty free Accreditations certifications?
- Is Ciaté London owned by Another Company?
- Is Ciaté London Vegan?
Is Ciaté London Cruelty-Free?
A brand that would be certified as cruelty free must meet up three essential criteria, which we duly consider for Ciaté London to ascertain its cruelty free status.
- Their products or any of its ingredients must not be tested on animals even when requested by law
- Their products should not be sold in mainland China
- They should not allow any third-party testing of their products or its ingredients on animals
Are Ciaté London Products Tested On Animals?
Ciaté London does not test any of its products, formulations, or ingredients on animals during manufacturing, development, and distribution.
Ciaté London expresses pleasure and commitment towards its PETA certification as a cruelty free brand.
The above statement is the testing policy of Ciaté London on its official page, and it reiterates the commitment of the product towards sustainability and a cruelty-free practice.
Do they test animals when required by law? Or use a third party?
Ciaté London does not test its products on animals even when required by law or authority.
This no-animal testing policy is one reason why the company does not sell its product in areas where animal testing is mandatory.
Similarly, Ciaté London does not permit any form of third-party testing even by their ingredient suppliers, retailers, or distributors.
Are Ciaté London products sold in China?
No. Ciaté London does not sell its products in mainland China because animal testing is mandated by law in China. Ciaté London opts to stay out of the Chinese market to ensure its no-animal testing policy.
Consequently, Ciaté London focuses its market in the USA, Canada, Australia, the UK/Europe, and other non-testing required regions.
Does Ciaté London have Cruelty free Accreditations certifications?
Going by all standards and criteria, Ciaté London has a cruelty free accreditation certification to prove its no-animal testing policy.
Ciaté London is certified by PETA. This certification ascertains that Ciaté London does not carry out any form of animal testing at any point during manufacture, production, or distribution.
Likewise, they don’t permit any third party to carry out the test on their behalf, including law and health authorities.
Is Ciaté London owned by Another Company?
Ciaté London is not owned by another company neither is it a subsidiary brand to a parent company. It is an independent brand.
Is Ciaté London Vegan?
Vegan products are products that are devoid of any animal ingredients or animal-derived ingredients. Ciaté London is a vegan friendly brand, but its products are not 100% vegan.
Some of the company’s products contain animal-derived ingredients such as beeswax and carmine.
Also, Ciaté London does not have a vegan certification. Nevertheless, the company has a lot of vegan products, and these products include;
- Wonderwand Mascara
- Precious Metal Eyeshadow – all shades except Lincoln Road
- Marbled Metals – Metallic Glitter Eyeshadow
- Makeup Melter – Makeup Remover
- Jessica Rabbit – The Jessica Palette
- Instabrow – Tinted Brow Gel
- Fierce Flicks Liquid Liner
- Courtney Act – Stamp & Drag Liner
- Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer & Lip Oil Duo
- Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer
- Marbled Light – Illuminating Powder
- Jessica Rabbit – Glow To Highlighter: Roger, Darling!
- Glow-to Illuminating Blush – all shades except Pinch Me, Matchmaker, Baby Doll
- Glow-to Highlighter
- Extraordinary Translucent Setting Powder
- Extraordinary Foundation
- Dewy Spritz – Luminous Prime & Set Spray
- Blush Pop (Crème Blush) – all shades except Schmooze
- Bamboo Bronzer
- Watermelon Burst Hydrating Lip Oil
- Scrub Stix – Exfoliating Lip Balm
- Pretty Stix – Murumuru Butter Lipstick
- Patent Pout – Lip Lacquer
- Magic Pout Potion – Matte Plumping Lip Primer
- Liquid Velvet – Matte Lip Slick
- Liquid Velvet Nudes – Matte Lip Slick
- Liquid Chrome Lip – Duo Chrome Lip Gloss – all shades except Luna, Zodiac
- Lip Lustre – High Shine Balm
- Lip Locked – Tint and Balm Lip Duo
- Glitter Storm Lipstick – Metallic Glitter Lipstick (vegan shade: Apollo)
- Glitter Flip – Metallic Glitter Lip
- Makeup Melter – Makeup Remover
- Underwear (Base Coat)
- Status Grow (Nail Grow)
- Speed Coat (Fast Dry Top Coat)
- Perfect Paint Job (Corrector Pen)
- Nail Polish – all
- Nail Gym (Nail Strengthener)
- Marula Cuticle Oil for Weak and Thin Nails
- Marula Cuticle Oil for Healthy Looking Nails
- Mani Markers
- Knight in Shining Armour (Overnight Nail Mask)
- Coconut Top Coat
- Bloom Boost (Nail Glow)
- Base Balance (Nail Toner)
It is best to check through the ingredient list of any product you intend to purchase to ascertain its vegan status.
Ciaté London is a cruelty free brand that is certified by PETA. This company does not carry out animal testing when required by law nor permit a third party to test on its behalf.
Ciaté London products are not 100% vegan despite having a long list of vegan options.