Quick Answer: Is Eyeko Cruelty-Free and Vegan-Friendly?
Fortunately, Eyeko is a cruelty-free company that has been approved by PETA and whose products are not tested on animals at all. This also means that Eyeko products are not available in China. However, the company’s catalog of products is not totally vegan-friendly, though they do offer some products that are.
Eyeko was first established in London in 1999 with the express intent of developing the perfect mascara.
Since then, their catalog has not grown extensively, though they do offer a few other products beyond the confines of an “eye wardrobe”.
Their focus has always been providing consumers with a full range of mascara products to suit every occasion and need.
Eyeko endeavors to infuse each and every one of their products with a select handful of key botanical ingredients that the company hopes will enhance the performance of their products without sacrificing the care of their customers.
- Quick Answer: Is Eyeko Cruelty-Free and Vegan-Friendly?
- Is Eyeko Cruelty-Free?
- Does Eyeko Test Its Products On Animals?
- Does Eyeko Test Its Products On Animals Even When Required By Law?
- Does Eyeko Distribute Its Products In China?
- Is Eyeko PETA-Accredited?
- Is Eyeko Owned By a Parent Company?
- Is Eyeko Vegan-Friendly?
- Do Eyeko Products Contain Any Animal Parts Or Anything Derived From Animals?
Is Eyeko Cruelty-Free?
For a company and its products to truly be considered cruelty-free, they need to meet (and potentially exceed) these three criteria:
- Products should not be tested on animals. Both the company and its suppliers should never engage in any animal-testing practices during any stage of product development.
- Products should not be tested on animals even when required by law. This includes making use of a third party to test the products for them.
- Products should not be sold in China. China enforces animal-testing practices, and as such, any company that endeavors to be cruelty-free should not distribute its products there..
Does Eyeko Test Its Products On Animals?
Eyeko does not test any of its products or raw ingredients on animals and is against any companies that do. This information comes from both their website and PETA.
Does Eyeko Test Its Products On Animals Even When Required By Law?
Eyeko is fully against animal-testing practices, and as such, neither they nor their suppliers have tested any of their products on animals. Again, this information can be found on their official website.
Does Eyeko Distribute Its Products In China?
Eyeko products are not available in China, as stated on the “Product Principles” page of their official website.
Is Eyeko PETA-Accredited?
Eyeko has been accredited by PETA, though the company has no official ties to any other cruelty-free organization.
Is Eyeko Owned By a Parent Company?
Eyeko is currently not owned by any other company.
Is Eyeko Vegan-Friendly?
For a company and its products to be considered vegan-friendly, they need to meet only one exceedingly important criterion: They should not contain any animal parts or anything derived from animals.
That may sound simple enough, but very few companies are actually completely vegan-friendly.
Do Eyeko Products Contain Any Animal Parts Or Anything Derived From Animals?
To be vegan it means that none of the products from this company should contain animal derived ingredients, or have made their products using animal by-products such as animal hair, beeswax, honey, carmine. Lanolin. Sheep’s wool, etc.
Unfortunately, some Eyeko products still make use of ingredients derived from animals which disqualifies them from being a vegan brand.
While not all Eyeko products are vegan, they do have some vegan products in categories like eyeshadows, mascara, eyeliners, etc. Some examples are:
- Beach Waterproof Mascara
- Black Magic Liquid Eyeliner
- Define It Brow Pencil
- Double Act Shadow Stick
Check out their vegan offerings on Eyeko website www.eyeko.com or www.eyeko.com/shop
We are happy to report that Eyeko has been cruelty-free since its inception, and we do not see that changing anytime soon.
As it stands, however, the company still needs to take a few more steps before they can be considered to be completely vegan-friendly, though they do offer a few products that cater to their vegan customers.
Keep an eye on Eyeko in the future – they are on the right track.