Quick Answer: Is Flower Beauty Cruelty-Free and Vegan-Friendly?
Flower Beauty products are completely cruelty-free. The company has been certified by PETA and various other organizations, and its products are not available in China or anywhere else where animal testing is required by law. Unfortunately, Flower Beauty does not offer many options for its vegan customers – though some do exist.
Flower Beauty is still relatively new to the cosmetics market, but it has quickly risen in popularity since its establishment in 2013.
This is largely due to the fact that the company was founded by actress, producer, and director Drew Barrymore, who also serves as the face of the brand.
Since its inception, Flower Beauty has always endeavored to provide its customers with high-quality beauty and makeup products at affordable prices.
“It’s about being the best you, the most joyous you and empowered you,” says Drew Barrymore.
With a mantra like that, we are eager to find out how much care actually goes into these products and whether or not they are friendly to both animals and vegans.
- Quick Answer: Is Flower Beauty Cruelty-Free and Vegan-Friendly?
- Is Flower Beauty Cruelty-Free?
- Does Flower Beauty Test Its Products On Animals?
- Does Flower Beauty Test Its Products On Animals Even When Required By Law?
- Does Flower Beauty Distribute Its Products In China?
- Is Flower Beauty PETA-Accredited?
- Is Flower Beauty Owned By a Parent Company?
- Is Flower Beauty Vegan-Friendly?
- Do Flower Beauty Products Contain Animal Parts Or Anything Derived From Animals?
Is Flower Beauty Cruelty-Free?
For any company to truly be considered cruelty-free, its policies and products need to meet these three crucial criteria:
- Products should never be tested on animals. Neither the company nor its suppliers should engage in animal-testing practices at any stage of product development.
- Products should never be tested on animals – even when required to by law. A company should not break their own cruelty-free practices even if the law requires animal testing.
- Products should not be sold in China. China heavily enforces its animal-testing laws, and as such, a cruelty-free company should not allow its products to be distributed there.
With all of that in mind, let us see whether or not Flower Beauty can live up to these expectations.
Does Flower Beauty Test Its Products On Animals?
Flower Beauty has never engaged in any animal-testing practices since its establishment.
Drew Barrymore is a prolific animal lover, so it makes sense that any company she associates with or creates would not test its products on animals.
All of this information can be found on the company’s official website and at PETA.
Does Flower Beauty Test Its Products On Animals Even When Required By Law?
Flower Beauty is only available in the US and the EU, neither of which requires any animal testing of any kind. Therefore, as it stands, Flower Beauty still does not test any of its products on animals.
Does Flower Beauty Distribute Its Products In China?
Flower Beauty products are not available anywhere in mainland China, nor are they available anywhere where animal testing is required by law. As such, we can confirm that Flower Beauty is indeed completely cruelty-free.
Is Flower Beauty PETA-Accredited?
Flower Beauty has been acknowledged by PETA for its staunch adherence to cruelty-free practices.
This information comes from PETA’s own website.
Is Flower Beauty Owned By a Parent Company?
Flower Beauty is not currently owned by any other company.
Is Flower Beauty Vegan-Friendly?
For any company to be considered vegan-friendly, it needs to live up to one very important criterion: Products should not contain animal parts or anything derived from animals.
This may sound simple enough, but very few companies and their products are actually completely friendly to vegans.
Do Flower Beauty Products Contain Animal Parts Or Anything Derived From Animals?
As it stands, Flower Beauty is not a completely vegan-friendly line. While they remain cruelty-free, some of their products still include some ingredients derived from animals, specifically beeswax and carmine.
While all products of flower beauty are not vegan, they do have some vegan products in categories like eye beauty, lipsticks and skin care. Some examples are:
- Vinyl-Eyes Glossy Gel Eyeliner (eye beauty)
- Pop Fanatic Eye Pigment (eye beauty)
- Perfect Pout Moisturizing Lipstick (lipstick)
- Supernova Celestial Skin Elixir (skin care)
- Pyramid Cheek Color (skincare)
Check some of their vegan offerings on the company website www.flowerbeauty.com.
Flower Beauty offers a great line of products that, while not totally vegan-friendly as of yet, are completely cruelty-free. Their products are also very high-quality and affordable, making Flower Beauty a company to keep your eye on.