Quick Answer: Is Jordana Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
Yes, Jordana cosmetics is considered cruelty-free because they do not test on animals or use suppliers who carry out animal testing. However, they’re not entirely vegan. This is because some of their formulations contain animal-origin ingredients.
Jordana is a family-owned cosmetics company operating from Los Angeles, California, USA.
The brand was founded in 1986 and has since grown into a stellar beauty brand that offers products to women who want to create their signature look with makeup.
Jordana’s catalog is impressive, and you will find anything that will help you upgrade your natural look. This includes mascara, eyeshadow palette, blush, eyeliner, eye pencil, and lipstick.
Considering their long-stay in the cosmetics world, our readers are curious to know if Jordana carries out animal-testing or not, as well as whether they use animal-origin ingredients in their formulation.
We’ve analyzed their market activities to come up with accurate answers.
Continue reading below to find out what we came up with.
- Quick Answer: Is Jordana Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
- Is Jordana Cruelty-Free?
- Are Jordana products tested on Animals?
- Do they Test on Animals when required by law? Or use a Third Party?
- Are Jordana products sold in China?
- Does Jordana have Cruelty-free Accreditations or Certifications?
- Is Jordana’s Parent Company Cruelty-free and Vegan?
- Is Jordana Vegan?
Is Jordana Cruelty-Free?
Cruelty-free in the cosmetics world has to do with a company’s animal-testing activities. We’re able to identify brands that are cruelty-free only if they meet the following requirements:
- They don’t test on animals. A cruelty-free brand must not test on animals or use suppliers who test their raw materials on these furry creatures.
- Carry out testing when required by law – A truly cruelty-free brand will not test on animals under any condition. They also steer clear of areas with strict testing laws.
- The products should not be sold in China. Since China makes animal-testing compulsory, they must not sell in the area.
After going through this checklist, we can confirm that Jordana cosmetics met each of the requirements and have earned a spot on our list of cruelty-free brands.
Are Jordana products tested on Animals?
Jordana claims that they do not test on animals, and here’s the reply they gave on their FAQ session.
“Jordana Cosmetics is a cruelty-free brand. We do not test our products on animals, nor do we allow others to test on our behalf. Our brand is certified by both PETA and The Leaping Bunny Program (CCIC) as cruelty-free.”
Do they Test on Animals when required by law? Or use a Third Party?
No, Jordana doesn’t sell in markets where animal testing is required by law. They also don’t use suppliers who test their raw materials on animals. If they do, they won’t be certified by Leaping Bunny or PETA.
Are Jordana products sold in China?
No, Jordana products are not sold in China. All their products are made in the US and distributed across the US, UK, Australia, Canada, and a few parts of Europe. You will find their products listed on Amazon and CVS.
To confirm that this is true, we did look through some online retail portals in China, including Sephora Chinese site, and they were missing.
We also searched for their store in China using their store locator, which returned a negative result.
Does Jordana have Cruelty-free Accreditations or Certifications?
However, this is no issue since there’s still time for them to get in there before the next list is released.
Is Jordana’s Parent Company Cruelty-free and Vegan?
Jordana cosmetics is owned by Jordana cosmetics corporation. The company isn’t involved in any form of animal testing. However, they’re also not on Leaping Bunny’s database anymore.
Is Jordana Vegan?
For a brand’s product to be considered vegan, they must not use any form of animal-origin ingredients in their formulation. This includes common ingredients like lanolin, beeswax, and honey.
Not all of Jordana’s products are free from this. They do admit that some of their formulations contain animal by-products. For this reason, they create a separate category where all their vegan lines are listed.
Some of the items on the list are mentioned below:
- Baked eyeshadow
- Color envy waterproof eyeliner
- Fabubrow eyebrow pencil
- Forever flawless face powder
- French manicure nail polish
- Creamy liquid foundation with pump
- Lip out loud super shiny gloss
- Sweet n shiny flavored lip gloss
- Twist n shine moisturizing lip stain
- Quick fix nail corrector pen
- 12 hr made to last eyeshadow pencil
- 12 hr made to last liquid eyeliner pencil
- Best length extreme lengthening mascara
- Color extend eyeliner
- All the products on that menu are free from any form of animal-origin ingredients.
Jordana is a veteran in the cosmetics world, with 25 years of helping women create their unique look. Jordana’s products are sold in several stores in the US, including CVS.
All their production activities are friendly to our furry friend, which makes them appealing to vegans.