Is Pacifica Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
Pacifica is a cruelty-free brand, as they do not test their products on animals. The brand also refuses to sell its products in the People’s Republic of China where animal testing is a legal requirement. Pacifica is also 100% vegan because all of their products are free from animal-derived ingredients and by-products.
Pacifica is a cosmetics company that was started by Brook Harvey-Taylor and Billy Taylor. The company is headquartered in Portland and has between 50-200 employees.
They are committed to using safe and non-toxic ingredients that are beneficial for the skin.
A large number of our readers have been recently asking if Pacifica is cruelty-free and vegan, so we dug deeper and analyzed the brand and its products. Is Pacifica cruelty-free and vegan? Keep reading to find out.
Is Pacifica Cruelty-Free?
Yes, the brand is cruelty-free. For a brand to be considered cruelty-free, there are certain requirements it must first meet.
We have listed the mentioned requirements below, and we will analyze them one by one. For a brand to be cruelty-free:
- Its products should not be tested on animals.
- It should not test their products on animals even when the law requires them to.
- Its products should not be available in stores in the People’s Republic of China
Are Pacifica Products Tested On Animals?
No, they do not test their products on animals.
Pacifica has been certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Does Pacifica Test Their Products On Animals When the Law Requires Them To?
No, the company does not test on animals even if it is required by law. Pacifica does not allow third parties to test their products on their behalf, either.
If a certain law or a regulatory body in a country demands animal testing, Pacifica will not sell in that country. They are strict on their no animal testing policy.
Is Pacifica Sold In China?
No, Pacifica is not sold in China. The reason for this is that the People’s Republic of China has strict laws regarding animal testing.
All foreign cosmetics coming into the country must be tested on animals by the Chinese authorities to ensure they are safe for human use. Even though most countries have banned animal testing,
China still performs testing, despite there being alternative methods of testing for safety.
This is why cosmetic companies like Pacifica refuse to sell in China. Companies that sell their products in China are not considered cruelty-free.
Does Pacifica Have Any Cruelty-Free Certifications?
Yes, Pacifica is certified by PETA. When a company is certified by PETA, it means they have agreed not to commission or conduct animal tests on their products now and in the future.
Does Pacifica Have a Parent Company?
Pacifica is in partnership with Alliance Consumer Growth. This is an American private equity firm. It was founded in 2011 and is headquartered at 655 Madison Avenue 20th floor, New York, NY 10065.
Alliance Consumer Growth provides strategic guidance, industry-specific resources, and growth capital to help promising and emerging brands grow their business and achieve their goals.
The company operates with integrity and considers the needs of its partners to help them meet their vision.
Is Pacifica Vegan?
For a product to be considered vegan, all the ingredients and formulations used to make it has to be free from animal-derived sources. This also includes animal by-products like honey or beeswax.
Vegan-friendly products are cruelty-free products, as getting ingredients from animals is a form of animal cruelty. When buying a product, look for the ingredients list to see if any of them are derived from animals.
Pacifica is 100% vegan. This means that their products do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. The following are some of their products:
- Clean Shot – BHA/AHA 25% Peel Solution
- Clean Shot – Niacinamide, Zinc and Hemp 10% Complex
- Clean Shot – Vegan Amino Acid 10% Complex
- Clean Shot – Mushrooms and Caffeine 7% Solution
- Clean Shot – Hyaluronic and flowers 5% solution
- Clean Shot – Retinoid and Bakuchiol 3% in Seawater
- Clean Shot – Granactive Retinoid 5% in Seawater
- Glowing Bundle
- Vegan Care Balm Kit
- Acne Bundle
- Vegan Care Balm
- Pore Warrior Overnight Rescue Spot Dots
- Vegan Collagen Recovery Eye Cream
- Vegan Collagen SPF30 Every Day Lotion
- Vegan Collagen Overnight Recovery Cream
- Vegan Collagen Complex Serum
- Vegan Collagen Hydrating Milk Tonic
- Vegan Cream Creamy Gel Cleanser
- Rose Age Defying Skincare Bundle
- Kale Detoxing Skincare Bundle
- Coconut De-Stressing Skincare Bundle
- Sea Foam Complete Face Wash Mini
- Sea & C Brightening Mist
- Eye Bright Under eye Vitamin C Spot Serum Mask
- Balancing Hemp & Lavender Makeup Removing Wipes
- Glowing Glycolic Acid, Orange & Vanilla Makeup Removing Wipes
- Cosmic Hemp Balancing Face Wash
Pacifica is a cruelty-free cosmetics company based in Portland. The company does not test on animals or allow third parties to test on them. They do not sell their products in China because of the harsh animal testing law.
The company is certified cruelty-free by PETA, and Pacifica products are 100% vegan and free from animal-derived ingredients.