Quick Answer : Is Smashbox Cruelty Free and Vegan?
Smashbox is a cruelty free cosmetics brand. None of its products, ingredients, formulations, or finished product is tested on animals at any point during production or distribution. The company does not permit third-party tests or tests on animals when required by law. Also, Smashbox is not 100% vegan because some of its products contain animal-derived ingredients.
Smashbox is an American brand founded in 1996 with its headquarters in Culver City, California, United States. It is a luxury cosmetics brand with a lot of high-performing products.
With the rising concerns about animal rights and animal protection, many readers and customers are concerned about if products from various brands are cruelty free and vegan.
We have made a thorough analysis of Smashbox products and their ingredients, and you will have your answer in this article.
- Quick Answer : Is Smashbox Cruelty Free and Vegan?
- Is Smashbox Cruelty Free?
- Are Smashbox Products Tested On Animals?
- Do They Test Their Product When Required By Law? Or Use a Third Party?
- Are Smashbox Sold In China?
- Does Smashbox Have Cruelty Free Accreditation Certifications?
- Is Smashbox Parent Company Estee Lauder Cruelty Free?
- Is Smashbox Vegan?
Is Smashbox Cruelty Free?
Brands must meet some criteria and standards to attain a status where they can be generally accepted to be cruelty free. Smashbox is examined based on the factors below to ascertain their cruelty free status.
- Their products or any of its ingredients must not be tested on animals even when requested by law.
- Their products should not be sold in mainland China
- They should not allow any third-party testing of their products or its ingredients on animals
Are Smashbox Products Tested On Animals?
No! Smashbox doesn’t test their products on animals at any point during the manufacture, production, or distribution of their products.
The above is a section of Smashbox’s official website that ascertains that their cruelty free status.
The brand only carries out tests on human volunteers to ensure the efficacy and safety of its products.
Do They Test Their Product When Required By Law? Or Use a Third Party?
Smashbox does not test their products on animals even when required by law.
This stance is essentially one reason why Smashbox does not sell its products in mainland China or other areas where the animal test is mandatory for cosmetic products.
Similarly, Smashbox does not authorize any third-party to test on their behalf; neither do they allow their suppliers or distributors to test on their behalf.
Are Smashbox Sold In China?
Smashbox does not sell its product in mainland China.
China has health laws that mandate animal tests on imported, retail, and in-store cosmetics. These laws are against Smashbox’s animal testing policy; hence, the company prefers to stay off the Chinese market.
Does Smashbox Have Cruelty Free Accreditation Certifications?
Yes, Smashbox has a PETA CERTIFICATION. This certificate proves that Smashbox does not carry out any test on animals, which makes the brand cruelty free.
Is Smashbox Parent Company Estee Lauder Cruelty Free?
Estee Lauder owns Smashbox. The parent company acquired the brand in 2010 following a successful takeover. Estee Lauder is a brand that does test its products on animals.
Nevertheless, this does not stop Smashbox from being cruelty free because Estee Lauder allows the independent ethical operation of their subsidiary brands.
Is Smashbox Vegan?
Vegan products are products that don’t contain animal materials or any animal-derived ingredient. Smashbox is not 100% vegan because they have products made from animal-derived ingredients.
Consequently, Smashbox does not have any vegan certification. It is best to check through the ingredient list of any product you intend to buy to ascertain its vegan status. Smashbox has a long list of vegan products, which include;
- Crystalized Photo Finish Primer Water
- Nourishing Face Primer Serum
- Photo Finish Crystalized Primerizer
- Photo Finish Fresh Setting Powder
- Photo Finish Even Skintone Primer
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light
- Photo Finish Mattify Primer Stick
- Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer
- Photo Finish Primerizer
- Photo Finish Primer Water
- Photo Finish Protect SPF 20 Primer
- Photo Finish Radiance Primer
- Photo Finish Reduce Redness Primer
- Photo Finish Vitamin Glow Primer
- Photo Finish Weightless Setting Spray
- Foundation, BB + CC Cream, Concealer
- Halo Healthy Glow All-In-One Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- Photo Finish Fresh Setting Powder
- Studio Skin 24 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
- Studio Skin Concealer
- Studio Skin Flawless 24 Hour Concealer
- Blush + Contour + Highlighter
- Always On Cream to Matte Lipstick
- Gloss Angeles Extra Shine
- 24 Hour Shadow Primer
- Always on Liquid Liner
- Brow Tech To Go
- Camera Ready Brush Cleaner
Smashbox is a fast-growing cosmetic brand that does not test its product on animals and is certified cruelty free.
The brand does not permit third-party animal testing; neither do they sell their products in mainland China.
Similarly, Smashbox is not 100% vegan free because some of their products have animal-derived ingredients or by-products.