Quick Answer : Is Supergoop Cruelty Free and Vegan?
Supergoop is cruelty free, and they are certified by Leaping Bunny. They do not test any of their products or ingredients on animals before, during, or after production. They don’t authorize any third-party testing, and they don’t sell their products in mainland China. Supergoop is not 100% vegan but they have only two non-vegan products.
Supergoop is dedicated to providing sunblock, UV protection, and adequate skincare solutions. Holly Thaggard launched the brand in 2007 and remained one of the fastest growing skincare brands.
Various cosmetic users, potential users, and animal rights advocates are increasingly interested in the animal testing policy and ingredients of different cosmetic brands.
If you are one of those concerned about the animal testing policy and vegan status of Supergoop, we are with you. We have made a thorough analysis of this brand, and you will have your answer right here.
- Quick Answer : Is Supergoop Cruelty Free and Vegan?
- Is Supergoop Cruelty Free?
- Are Supergoop Products Tested On Animals?
- Do they test animals when required by law? Or use a third party?
- Are Supergoop products sold in China?
- Does Supergoop have Cruelty free accreditations certifications?
- Is Supergoop owned by another company?
- Is Supergoop Vegan?
Is Supergoop Cruelty Free?
Any product or brand that would be certified as cruelty free must meet up three essential criteria, which we duly consider for Supergoop.
- The products or any of its ingredients must not be tested on animals even when requested by law
- Their products should not be sold in mainland China
- They should not allow any third-party testing of their products or its ingredients on animals
Are Supergoop Products Tested On Animals?
Supergoop do not test their skincare products or ingredients on animals during development, manufacturing, and distribution. Likewise, they do not authorize any third party to test on their behalf.
The above statement is the official statement of Supergoop on their animal testing policy. It translates to the fact that they do not involve themselves in any form of animal testing.
They neither allow nor pay for animal testing of their ingredients, formulations, or finished products.
Do they test animals when required by law? Or use a third party?
Supergoop do not test its product, ingredients, or formulations on animals even when requested by law.
They maintain a firm policy against animal testing; consequently, they only trade their products within non-animal testing regions. This regulation is one of the primary reasons why they don’t sell their products in mainland China.
Similarly, Supergoop do not permit any form of third-party testing even on their ingredients, suppliers, and formulations.
Are Supergoop products sold in China?
Supergoop do not sell its products in mainland China because of its strict non-animal testing policy.
Chinese laws require animal testing for imported cosmetic products. Consequently, Supergoop opts to stay off the Chinese market to maintain their no animal testing policy.
Therefore, they don’t submit or pay for their product to be tested on animals for a sales permit.
Does Supergoop have Cruelty free accreditations certifications?
Supergoop meets various cruelty free standards and criteria; hence, they have cruelty free accreditation certifications.
Supergoop has a LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFICATION.
This certification means that Supergoop meets all the criteria to be considered cruelty free. They don’t test their products, ingredients, and formulations at any point of production or distribution.
Is Supergoop owned by another company?
Supergoop does not have a parent company. It has remained independent since Holly Thaggard launched the brand in 2007.
Is Supergoop Vegan?
Vegan products are products that don’t contain any animal ingredients or animal-derived ingredients.
Supergoop has a lot of vegan products. However, they are not 100% vegan as few of their products contain beeswax.
On their new product list, Supergoop only have two non-vegan products, which are;
· 100% Mineral Sunscreen Stick (Beeswax)
· Sunnyscreen™ 100% Mineral Stick (Beeswax)
In case you find yourself in a store that still sells their old products, below are their old products that are non-vegan.
- Handscreen SPF 40 (previously contained Lactoperoxidase- an enzyme from bovine milk)
- Play Lip Balm SPF 30 with Acai (previously contained Beeswax, Honey)
- Play Lip Balm SPF 30 with Mint (previously contained Beeswax, Honey)
- Play Lip Shield SPF 30 with Shea Butter (previously contained Beeswax, Lanolin)
Supergoop do not have a vegan certification. Nevertheless, they have a lot of vegan products, and these products include;
- PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50 with Sunflower Extract
- Bright-Eyed 100% Mineral Eye Cream SPF 40
- Sunscreen Daily Moisturizer
- Mattescreen SPF 40
- Glow Stick SPF 50
- PLAY Antioxidant Body Mist SPF 50 with Vitamin C
- Handscreen SPF 40
- Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40
- CC Screen 100% Mineral
- CC Cream SPF 50
- Glowscreen SPF 40
- Glow Oil SPF 50
- Zincscreen 100% Mineral Lotion
- City Sunscreen Serum
- Cloud 9 100% Mineral Sun Balm SPF 40
- PLAY 100% Mineral Body Mist SPF 50 with Green Tea Extract
- PLAY 100% Mineral Body Mist SPF 30 with Marigold Extract
- Body Butter SPF 40
- PLAY Lip Balm SPF 30 with Acai
- PLAY Lip Balm SPF 30 with Mint
- 100% Mineral Invincible Setting Powder
- Defense Refresh (Re)Setting Mist SPF 40
- PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 30 with Sunflower Extract
- Poof Part Powder
- Healthy Glow Sunless Tan
- Lipscreen SPF 40
- PLAY Body Mousse SPF 50 with Blue Sea Kale
- PLAY Antioxidant Body Mist SPF 30 with Vitamin C
- Sunnyscreen 100% Mineral Lotion
- Sunnyscreen 100% Mineral Spray
Supergoop is primarily concerned with suncare and sunblock.
They are certified cruelty free by Leaping Bunny because they do not test their products or their ingredients on animals.
However, they are not 100% vegan because two of their new products contain beeswax, but they have a long list of vegan products.